Many of you have asked where we obtained some of the equipment on Camelot. Below are some of the links to our favorite suppliers, manufacturers and cruisers’ resources.
- Berkeley Marine Center - Cree Partridge and his crew will provide excellent services for all your boat needs. They have an on site rig shop, mechanics and also allow owners to work on their own boat. BMC is now building boats, using Jim Antrim’s designs; they have completed three off-shore racing sailboats and are in the process of building a fourth.
- Altersystems – Carries Blue Sky Controllers for solar panels and ships worldwide.
- Fischer-Panda USA - Our Fischer Panda generator has been holding up great!
- HF Radio - This is our Marine SSB supplier. Don Melcher knows his stufff and ships world wide.
- Northern Arizona Wind and Sun – Carries a great selection of solar panels and ships nationwide. Best prices in the nation!
- Ultimate Passage - This company has some of the cheapest prices on marine electronics and accessories in the USA. They carry major brands like: Raymarine, ICOM, ACR and Furuno, to mention just a few.
- Vessel Electric - San Francisco Bay Area – Brian was responsible for installing all of the electrical upgrades on Camelot and we give him the highest recommendations. Honest and thorough.
- Total Yacht Works - When in Mexico, Total Yacht Works is the Yanmar place! Located in Mazatlan they can deliver parts throughout Mexico.
- Garhauer Marine - This company supplies great running rigging and other stainless parts for a fraction of the cost of other major manufactures. And the quality is excellent.
- St. Brendan’s Isle - We have been using St. Brendan’s Isle Mail Services since 2010 and highly recommend them. They scan you envelopes to a secure server and at your request will open the mail and scan the contents to a PDF format, or forward it to you wherever you are. They have an incentive program and give us a $10 credit for each new customer, if you mention our names (Thank you!). But even without that, we recommend them wholeheartedly.
- Capital One - We searched long and hard and found that Capital One Visa Card is possibly the only credit card that does not charge foreign transaction charges. These charges can range between 1% and 3% of your transaction. It makes a difference!
- Pineapple Sails - These guys built our Asymetrical Spinnaker and we highly recommend them for any sail needs.
- Radio Labs - We use the Radio Labs Marine Wi-Fi antenna and have had great success with it. We have picked up Wi-Fi Hot Spots as much as three miles away.
YACHT BROKERS/SALES PERSONS:
- Catalina Yachts - We have owned three different Catalina Yachts and would buy another one. Catalina are well designed boats, great for cruising and affordable.
- Farallone Yachts - We have used Dinah and Roger Goodsell to purchase two Catalina sailboats. Together these two are highly professional, knowledgeable and no pressure sales persons. We highly recommend them!